As a psychotherapist and counsellor, I try to embrace what Science, Philosophy, the Arts and Politics can teach us about human existence and connection, being aware that each one of us has unique lived experiences. Psychotherapy happens when therapist and client “enter into a psychotherapeutic relationship where both work together to bring about positive change in the client’s thinking, feeling, behaviour and social functioning”. This process usually targets the recovery from mental health issues such as depression and anxiety, etc. Counselling works in a similar way, but without targetting a psychological diagnosis and usually with more specific short-term goals.
Besides offering psychotherapy and counselling at Therapeutic Presence, I am excited to innaugurate the new service of Ecotherapy Group sessions. Please, check the details for each service and get in contact if you need any more information.
- Public: adolescents (12+) and adults
- Modality: in-person at my home office in North Burlington (you will receive my full address after booking your appointment) or video sessions using Owl secured system
- Approaches: Mindfulness-CBT, Compassion Based Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Narrative Approach, Phenomenological-Existentialist, Humanistic Therapy, Ecopsychology.
- Issues: challenging life transitions, postpartum mood disorders, gender and sexuality-related oppression, anxiety disorders (separation anxiety, panic, social phobia, OCD, generalized anxiety), emotional eating, personality disorders (borderline personality, dependent personality, obsessive-compulsive personality disorders), other stress-related mental health issues.
- Public: youth (+12) and adults
- Narrative Approach to Career Counselling for youth and adults
- Parents Counselling based on DBT Skills and Non-Violent Communication
- Skills learning to stress management
- Counselling for coping with chronic pain and chronic diseases
- Affirmative counselling to transgender individuals going through the transitioning process
Ecotherapy is based on Ecopsychology, a revigorating field of research and practices that aims to re-connect the human psychological experience to its natural environment. Our group sessions are held in conservation areas and public parks and are focused on the restoration and promotion of the participants and the planet’s well-being. During the encounters, you will be encouraged to re-familiarize your body with the outdoor natural spaces through your five senses, you will be guided in short-mindfulness practices and will have the opportunity to share with others with the mediation of a registered psychotherapist.
- Modality: Regular attendance or drop-in
- Public: youth (+16) and adults